Wednesday 23 June 2010

Day 3






A lot of motorway and dual carriageway stuff today. The enfield coped very well with the Manchester ring road.

Two of todays checkpoints were nigh-on impossable to get up close to. The statue of Archimedes is in the campus at manchester Uni wich is all gated. I had to wait while a teacher discussed why Archimedes was the first forensic scientist but made a total balls of describing the principal of displacement, leading me to assume that she was a history rather than a science teacher.

The footpath up to the castle is being rebuilt but after having a word with the workmen, they let me go up and take a picture as they were knocking off for the day anyway.

The Mill visitor centre was a very pleasant spot.

I'm camped out the back of the Griffin Inn in Holt, North Wales. Not very scenic but a short stagger back to the tent. Into Snowdonia tomorrow so I'll get enough scenery then.

No comments:

Post a Comment