Friday 25 June 2010

Day 5




No internet recception at the campsite but the pont y pair hotel had a wireless network. A different place to when I've usually been here in February for the Dragon rally.

Took a trip over to Anglesey today via Colwyn Bay to pick up an open face helmet. I'm sweating cobs! Bagged the landmark there and headed back away via the Menai bridge. I've always thought that is the most worthwhile thing to see on Anglsey, it's mostly just flat and windswept with a few exceptions round the South coast.

On the subject of bridges, the next checkpoint was a roman bridge near Capel Curig. I headed over via the Llaberis pass. Again, the Enfield waltzed up it but I'll need to check the oil tonight. It also sounds great going through the tunnels on the A55.

The Roman Bridge was cunningly hidden UNDER the current road bridge. It's a pretty impressive drystone arch made of flat stones.

Off towards mid Wales tomorrow, I plan to stop at Nant Rhys bothy, definately no mobile reception there so no updates tomorrow.

Forecast up to 30 degrees over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment