Sunday 20 June 2010

Leaving tomorrow!





Well. I think that's me as organised as I'm going to get. All those years of minimal camping have paid off. I have managed to fit a huge amount of stuff on the bike, all of which I think will be useful and it's pretty much fitted in the panniers and one dry bag.

The washing up basin may look rediculous but it's a VERY handy thing to take camping. It's my bath, washing machine, log basket and oil drip tray.

Or course, there is always a spanner in the works. Today I woke up with a very swollen and sore big toe. A trip to the doctors revealed I have gout. A bit disappointing really because I haven't had the benefit of too much rich food and fine wines, apparently it can be sporadic and should clear shortly.

Any other bike but the Enfield and I couldn't have ridden it, it's my left foot and I couldn't have changed gear. Right hand gearshift to the rescue!

On board I have:
I.T. and navigation GEAR
Asus EeePC laptop with vodaphone broadband
Digital camera with spare memory card
Mini tripod
Mobile phone
OS Traveller road maps of the whole UK
Nyrex folder with locations of checkpoints
Various battery chargers
Map holder
compass

Tool Kit
1/2" drive sockets 10-32mm, spanners 8-19mm, pliers, mole grips, screwdrivers, allen keys, TDC tool, advance unit puller, feeler guages, plug socket, punch, tyre levers, cable ties, spare tube, points, condenser, clutch cable, brake cable, wheel bearings, fuses.

Camping kit
Tent, sleeping bag and liner, hammock, basha, therm-a-rest, head torch.
Mess tins, soap, stove, fuel, mug, swiss army knife, butter dish, brew kit, spork, condiments box.

Clothing
Thermals, waterproofs, spare trousers, lightweight trousers, 2x t-shirts, 3x underpants, 3x socks, jumper, sunhat.

Also a comprehensive first-aid kit in the respirator pouch on the back of the racks.

If there is stuff I find I don't need. I can always post it home.

One sleep to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment