Thursday 29 July 2010




Bit of an epic run today. I went past Crinan Harbour yesterday ad camped along Loch Awe. Once again, the place is sufferig from being too close to central glasgow, empty lager cans, smashed buckfast bottles being in evidence. Also a number of green branches lopped off trees with a bowsaw. I feel like putting up a sign saying that green wood and empty drinks containers do not burn, no matter how neat a circle of stones you put round them or how much petrol you pour on.

I however managed to find two nice standing dead birch trees within a five minute saunter of where I was camped and had a toasty fire all night with no midges and as much hot tea as I could drink.

Went up to Fort William today, with a brief stop at the corran ferry to bag the lighthouse landmark then took a long run across to Inverness via the south loch ness road to Fortrose. It's a bit out of the way but the landmark is worth 50 points (most of the english ones are worth 15 or 20).

Just two to do in Scotlanhd now. One at Loch Clunie and one at the point of stour. I'm off down to Blair Athol tomorrow to camp with the club, then we're up to skye. I'll pass clunie on the way and Skye is near enough to pop up to stour in one night. Then it's heading south again.

I'm camping on a club site on dingwall tonight. Need a shower as much as anything, I couldn't quite face a dook in the loch this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment