Wednesday 28 July 2010



Heading back up to the highlands now. Stopped near Loch Katrine last night, found a nice camig spot but I suspect it gets pretty busy there at weekends, several cars slowed then drove off again when they saw I was already camped up.

A couple of lads came over too, i got the impression I was being sized-up because they were showing a lot of interest in what i had with me. I did my best to look not worth the effort and started chopping logs with my perang and they soon left. A nice place to camp but perhaps a bit too near the city of Glasgow for my liking, althugh it didn't seem to be suffering from the same rubbish problems that are plaguing popular roadside camping spots elsewhere.

Off down to Crinnan today, possibly camp somewhere on the Mull of Kintyre tonight.

Got the Enfild engine and primary oil changed again this morning, I've done 4,000 miles since I left Silloth. Morrissons seems to be the plce to get oil. A 2l bottle for £2.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment