Thursday 12 August 2010




Heading North again for a social engagement at the weekend. I'm camped at St. Neots and the air is full of the sound of caravanners industriously hammering tent pegs into corkscrew shapes.

I'm glad i don't have kids, I can hear every detail of the bedtime tantrums!

Three checkpoints today, a village cross, a standng stone marking the meeting point of four shires and a WW2 memorial. The memorial is to an American bomber group and has been very well maintained.

it's been showery on and off today, I've lost count of the number of times I've been wet and dried out again. Seems to be settling down to be a bit clearer now though.

The Enfield is good for starting conversations, people come over and want to know about it. i do feel like hanging an information card off it though. Yes, it's made in India, no, it's not a replica they always made them like this, yes it is only 3 years old, I know, you used to have one just lke this, except it was a BSA 500 twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment